Do Not Give Up Your Fitness Program – You Can Do It!By
When you first get started on your new workout regime it can be every easy to feel like quitting. It’s a cold morning, it’s raining, the bed is warm, you are tired, or your body is already stiff and sore. The list goes on. After work routines can be even harder to stick with. Drinks, meetings, working late, and exhaustion, can all seem like perfectly adequate reasons to put off a workout. It does seem hard initially but it is important you do not give up. Try these easy tips to stay motivated.
* Set Goals. Do you want to lose pounds, inches, or just get fit and healthy? Not only is it a great idea to set goals, but you should ensure that they are realistic. We all want the love handles and muffin top gone in a week, but it is not going to happen. Break the goals down into smaller increments if the overall picture is just too overwhelming. Allow yourself a weight loss plan of 1-2 pounds per week.
* Get a Workout Buddy. Having someone to workout with can be great for getting you into that gym. Just ensure that your partner is just as motivated as you. Do not select a slacker who is going to encourage you to shop, drink, or sleep in, instead of working out.
* Hire a Personal Trainer. This is the ultimate in being forced to keep going. Harsh cancellation fees, and having to justify your non attendance, are enough motivation for most to show up in the gym. If you are totally non-motivated then you may be even better off hiring a personal trainer that will literally come to your home and drag you out of bed or off the couch, if needs be. While you are using the personal trainer it could be a great idea to get them to show you some strength training exercises which will help with the calorie and fat burning.
* Use Photos etc. Stick a photo on the fridge, your alarm clock, your desk at work, or as your screen saver, of what you want to achieve. It may be you in slimmer days or it might be a shot of an outfit you aspire to look good in. Whenever you feel the will power slipping take a good look and remind yourself of your goals.
* Use a Special Event to stay motivated. Is there a summer vacation or reunion coming up? Remember to leave yourself enough time to get somewhere near your goals. Every time you feel like skipping the workout think of those guys you haven’t seen in how many years, or the bikini you want to wear around the pool.
* Use a Journal. Keep track of your workouts. Before too long you will notice that you will be doing activities harder, longer and stronger. The journal can also be used to chart your measurements and any blood pressure or blood test results that you can compare favorably along your fitness journey.
* Stay Positive. It won’t happen overnight, but it will happen eventually. In the meantime remind yourself that you are getting fitter and healthier on a daily basis. You are not only toning up but reducing your risks of diabetes type 2, heart disease and stroke.
It can be hard to get off the couch, out of bed, or out of the office, when you first start a new fitness program. However, before you know it, you will be looking forward to your workouts and will not need motivation or reasons to go. You will be embracing your new lifestyle and wonder how you ever got by without it.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.